Updated: Mar 30
This is a plan that I personally designed for members of The Men’s Clinic. It is specifically designed to improve body composition, blood pressure, insulin resistance, and inflammatory markers. If you are interested in improving your health, this is a good place to start.
1. Body composition analysis to start program and then monthly x 3. Blood pressure to start program and then monthly x 3.
2. Inflammatory lab panel to start program and again at 90 day completion. Special price of $60 for lab panel to those enrolling in the program.
** Inflammation is at the core of aging and disease. It must be controlled if we are to remain healthy. We want “optimum” inflammatory lab results, not simply “normal” results.
3. Gut microbiome: Probiotic each morning, Metamucil in 8 ounces of water
** The bacteria that live in our intestines govern our health. We must keep them healthy for them to keep us healthy. The probiotic is the bacteria themselves…….the Metamucil is food for the bacteria.
NMN 1,000 mg morning
Resveratrol 1,000 mg morning
Apple Cider vinegar gummies
Tumeric 1,000 mg morning
Fish oil morning
Berberine 1,000 mg after
supper each night.
** This supplement regimen targets belly fat, inflammation, and insulin resistance.
5. 1/2 shot glass of extra virgin
olive oil each night…..just
pour it and drink it straight. It
must be extra virgin olive oil
contained in a glass bottle.
** Extra virgin olive oil is anti-inflammatory, helps improve insulin resistance, lowers blood pressure, is high in antioxidants, and lowers cholesterol.
6. Drink 2 liters of water per day…..start with 500cc first thing in the morning with your Metamucil. Drink water with all meals….no sweet tea and no sugary drinks of any kind. Essentia is an excellent bottled water brand….it is both ionized and highly alkaline.
7. Intermittent fasting M-F
Start eating at noon and finish by 8 pm…….nothing but water, black coffee, and unsweetened tea otherwise……..drink only water with meals……take the weekend off and eat however you like.
** Intermittent fasting improves insulin resistance, inflammation, and aids in weight loss.
8. Resistance training (weight lifting) at least 3 days per week for 1 hour………upper body 1 day, lower body 1 day, then full body 1 day.
** Weight lifting improves muscularity which increases basal metabolic rate, improves insulin resistance, and decreases belly fat.
9. Sleep 7-8 hours per night.
If sleep is difficult, ask about adding Sermorelin to your regimen……other helpful things:
Magnesium glycinate 400 mg at bedtime, Melatonin 5mg slow release at bedtime, no caffeine of any type after 1pm……we become more sensitive to the sleep disruptive effect of caffeine as we age.
** Nothing improves and sustains health more than restful sleep.
After 90 days, we want to see a marked improvement in inflammatory markers, body composition, blood pressure, belly fat, and insulin resistance.
The only costs associated with the program are for the inflammatory lab panels ($60 x 2), the recommended supplements, and the olive oil, Metamucil, and Essentia water.
Matt has all the supplements in the pharmacy……the best brands at very good prices plus you get a 10% discount on orders over $100.
Apple Cider Vinegar $15
Fish Oil $30
Order from Amazon or buy at Costco/Sam’s:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dr. Manning